View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 10:33 AM   #205
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Give me some Cheesecake, Baby!

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and FC Cheesecake Arena saw a crowd turnout of 20000. Cheesecake had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Buckley - Sanford, Littlefield, Günzel - Schroeder, From Nielsen, Thomes, Preda, Fraza - Hartbom, de Geus.

Fighting tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Holt - Lyon, de Oliveira, Simic - Hager, Danielsson, Kline, Woodson, Rossi - Rannem , Meldi.

Guido Günzel behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 6:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal as many Crawfish players appeared more interested in snacking than playing. A badly positioned defensive formation on a free kick in the 19:th minute led to Fighting´s Ivar "Why can't my name be Ivan" Rannem giving the visitors the lead 0 - 1. Fighting´s Ivar "Why can't my name be Ivan" Rannem received a play slashing through the home side´s defense like a dogs tongue through Jif Peanut Butter in the 22nd minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one as he did naked cartwheels to celebrate revealing open sores. The structure of the game started to change as Fighting decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone mainly because they were to drunk to run most of the field. Fighting increased the lead to 0 - 3 as Ivar "Why can't my name be Ivan" Rannem scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. By then Ivar "Why can't my name be Ivan" Rannem was a three time scorer - a hat trick! 0 - 3 was the half-time score. Fighting, bringing the final ball possession rate to 51 percent, dominated the battle.

After the ball got lifted in from the left Rafael Maria Meldi was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 52 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due the twinkies he was carrying on the field. Man, what a shot by Rafael Maria Meldi! Firing from 35 yards he didn't give the enemy goalie a chance and it was 0 - 4. No one team arose to dominate this half, ending in a deadlock and lots of Crawfish on their sacks.

The most dominating Cheesecake player was without a doubt Wade Buckley. However, Leontin Preda made a disastrous appearance. Most important Fighting player was Tommy Holt. Mike Hager was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 4.

Notes

Marmel first game as an assistant coach was the biggest victory in Crawfish history. Youth Pull Mike Hager who is 18 and passable stamina and playmaking played as a winger towards the middle because of Chris Gaines card suspention.

This victory is bittersweet though as Cheesecake drop out of autopromotion for this week. Hopefully they do promote and get out of here. For this game they had 2 injuries, one was a 3 1/2 star middie. One hope though is that I win out, The Orcs beat the Cheesecake in week 13 and I promote. Who knows though?