View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
14ers
High School Varsity

full story from ripten.com
Quote:
In the process of interviewing a representative from EA Tiburon at this years E3 regarding Madden 08, one of our writers (who is a big Patriot’s fan) jokingly asked if Bill Belichick would again be absent on the sidelines this year.
As the representative began to explain the contractual reasons behind certain coaches being excluded from the game he slipped and mentioned that they are “going through” the same situation with NFL Head Coach.

I immediately said “going through?” He smiled and quickly tried to change the subject. I of course was having none of that and asked whether or not there was another Head Coach game in progress, at which point he politely said that he could not comment. We of course exchanged business cards and followed up with him again shortly after E3 concluded, but his response hadn’t changed. The game may never see daylight, however we know what we heard and stand behind this report.

While the first iteration of Head Coach was greeted with mixed reviews, we feel that the overall concept behind the game is still promising, and if handled properly a second time around, it just might stick. Apparently EA feels the same way, although they just can’t seem to remember mentioning it.