View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #385
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It's almost a thousand post thread (in just a few days) and you need to be logged in to view it:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...211312&page=92

A few of my favorite tidbits from it that immediately come to mind:

- A guy was dominating with his HB (I forget which one) and was running well with him as well as throwing little screens to him. The computer started putting 8 and 9 men in the box in obvious running situations and started double teaming him when he was spread out wide.

- When the computer has a lead, it is actually running down the play clock earlier than ever.

- People are getting decent results on All American with default sliders! They are getting very good results with just a few minor slider tweaks The only one that is routinely being adjusted is interceptions are being turned way down (which is one of flaws that remains.) However, with interception slider at 15, people are saying it is much better.

- The computer is actually sticking with the run if it is working and has run 40-50 times for a few hundred yards against one guy.

- Simmed stats look great. One other guy posted and besides the one's jb copied, there were ones in which rushing QB stats looked good, passing stats looked great, and defensive stats looked very solid.

- Some of the stories about mid air collisions sound amazing. One guy was running down the sideline with his FB and accidently hit the hurdle button and was nailed by a DB who flipped him over, but the FB had the presence of mind to reach out with his hand and put the ball inside the pylon for the TD.

- Players are slipping in rain and snow and people say that fatigue really seems well done, particularly in inclimate conditions.

- The biggest common complaint is too many interceptions which appears to be fixable with sliders, alternate uniforms which I frankly don't care about, and the lack of class editing which I also don't care about as starting rosters don't need to be perfect for me.

Oh yeah, the fake punt run play actually worked for someone for a 1st down. That play never worked in the past.

- Also, the Florida playbook sounds like it is quite fun to run as well as a few of the other more imaginative teams. Among many other interesting plays there is a WR option pass play.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote