View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 PM   #289
TroyF
Coordinator

After playing a few more games, I'm getting a much better feel for passing. Even completed a few deep balls. In one terrific game I drove down the field in the fourth and hit my TE with a perfect crossing route. He broke one tackle and took it 26 yards for a TD.

A couple of keys that I've found to passing:

1) Let the AI drop your QB back. Just concentrate on the receivers from the snap to a two count or so. If it isn't out by 2 or 3 at the most, you'd better look at the line and get prepared to make something happen.

2) If you do scramble, make sure you set the QB's feet. I haven't completed a single ball on the run. I think they may have overcorrected the issue of QB's being able to throw accurately on the run. Could just be the setting of the two QB's though. (both are much better pocket passers IRL)

3) If the MLB or the safety has his back to you, you can get it over their head for a completion a decent amount of the time. If they are facing you when you throw the ball? You are screwed.

Overall, the more I played it tonight, the more I enjoyed it. That's always a good sign. (until day 3 when I scream in frustration at some asinine bug they let pass anyway)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote