View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #268
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts and WVUFan's (and whoever else) on fumbles in the demo. That seems to be the biggest complaint on OS while others on there are reporting zero fumbles. I'm wondering how much the "cover up" button will prevent fumbles. Less than 4 hours until I get home to try this for myself.

I've played 3 games so far, the first I did a normal combination of run/pass, and it was very hard to complete a long pass (I was Michigan). The DB's are quite a bit smarter in this version as the last one. I had a fumble on the kickoff which the booth reviewed and it was overturned. I won 21-14, when I intercepted a really, really bad pass (Booty got nailed as he hit it, and the ball was really off).

The second game I ran nearly exclusively. Fumbled 5 times, and lost 21-3. Hart had a tendency to fumble, especially when he got gang tackled.

Pros:
-- The game runs much, MUCH smoother and faster. As others have said, you can really tell this is 60 fps, as the game runs better.

-- I like the camera angles on the challenges.

-- The secondary AI is dramatically improved.

-- Others say differently, but I think the graphics are better. No, there's no helmet reflections, but things are brighter and shadows (unlike last year's version) are correct.

-- Gang tackles are in the game. This is a good and bad thing for me, but I do like the increased variety of tackles as opposed to last year.

-- Line blocking is much better. You can see the pocket, and lineman sliding down for blocks. On runs, there's a nice bit of downfield blocking, so the lineman don't just stop on initial hits.

-- I didn't see "jump the snap" on the demo. The Y button is now back to secondary audibles. This may just be a demo thing, though.

Cons:

-- There is an issue with fumbles, but it might be due to this being a demo. Interceptions seem to be right on par, especially if you throw into coverage like I did a few times.

-- I do not like the new playcalling screen. It gives you only 4 plays per screen to choose from, and on a standard TV it's very hard to see details on the plays. May be just my TV, though.

-- This is more than likely a demo issue, but the after-play celebration animations are buggy as all hell, and not apt in every situation. (Hart gets a 2 yard gain, and celebrates like he just scored a TD)

-- The game has a much more arcady-ish feel than any version I've played before, even current-gen.

-- Entirely too many broken tackles.

Hope this is helpful. Overall, this is a much better experience than last year, but there are some bugs that might need to be worked out.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-10-2007 at 03:09 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote