View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 07:13 AM   #1360
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Now this is one of those things in soccer I'll never like. (I mean, I'd do the same thing in CM/FM, but that's different. ) Why does Bayern think they need both Klose (29yo) and Toni (30yo) when they already have Roy Makaay (32yo) around? Lukas Podolski is so much younger (22yo), but his potential is going to be wasted on the bench. I know, these kind of teams want 4 top strikers, but to me it's obvious that by the first transfer window one of those four will be leaving the club out of disinterest in riding the bench all season.

The 4 won't last til the first transfer window, Makaay has already been told to find himself a new club and leave for free so he's out of the mix, saw some rumors he was PSV or Lyon bound. Santa Cruz and Karimi are also on their way out, Pizarro has already gone, so Bayern are really shaking up their forwards.

So the Bayern forwards will be Toni and Klose backed up by Podolski and Schlaudraff (a young German international that they signed from Aachen). Podolski didn't look very good last year for Bayern, so a season coming off the bench and filling in behind Klose and Toni will probably be good for him, take the pressure off him. He didn't handle the weight of expectation well last season and was out the first team at Bayern by xmas.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote