View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #1351
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
I did not know that but from your description, it makes a lot of sense.For a classical front man, I would agree with you. And, in the case where the "3" (especially the 2 wide men) are speed merchants who seek to run off through balls from the front man, definitely.

I think, though, in the case of these 4 specific individuals, it works. Instead of everything funneling through the front man with the back "3" playing off of him, the most likely scenario has the ball being played through Ronaldinho with Eto'o running off his setup where this combination of players work.

It's a very flexible formation and will depend on how you want that front man to integrate with the three behind him - which will be the primary source of goals, the front man with the following three supplying or the front man supplying with the following three scoring.

With quality players you can mix it up.

Quote:
My questions, though, are: 1) with the new additions, what happens to Fletcher and Richardson and 2) what is the long term plan in goal?

As Big Fo says - Fletcher will be a squad player - pick one from Scholes and Carrick with one from Hargreaves and Fletcher for the central/back two. If I remember rightly the 7 goal thrashing of Roma was this formation with Carrick and Fletcher. I would give Hargreaves 40 of the 60 or so matches played and Fletcher the rest though injuries will obviously impact on this.

Richardson can go!
Mac Howard is offline   Reply With Quote