View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #143
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I think his point was that TEs in real life miss that block, too, so how can you blame the video game for being realistic? I actually think it's a factor not well played up in these simulations: what about receivers that cut off their routes? Blockers that get confused on who they are supposed to block? Coverage breakdowns in the secondary?

Of course, it could be a bug, too.

That relates to one of my favorite new ratings if it works well - Route Running. From reading interviews, it seems like players with lower route running will make sloppier cuts and generally run less precise routes. If it is too low they'll even run the wrong routes. It remains to be seen if TE's with good block ratings will make that block or if it will be a bug where all TE's will miss it. However, I suspect it is the former from watching the videos and reading the reviews.

The biggest flaw that still seems to be in the game (from the previews) is that the QB pitch on the option can come too late and it is too accurate. If that is really the biggest flaw, I can deal with that by just giving myself a simple house rule or two when I run the option.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-22-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote