View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #404
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
no one was asking for a traditional gangster ending. people were just asking for AN ending. what happens to Carm - does she lose her house like Johnny Sac's wife did when he went to jail? does AJ go enlist? does Paulie flop as a captain? does Butchie get greedy and decide to eliminate all possible rivals?

who knows?

Ok, fine...Carm loses her house. What's her next step? Is she offering meatball samples in a supermarket? Why is her losing her house, without knowing what happens later, any more of an ending than what we saw?

We're going in circles here. I know what people like you want, so I'll just quote myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
What you (and many, many others) seem to want is to see Tony end up getting cuffed, and then have a nice series of quick flashes displaying what happened to everyone, finally including, "Tony Soprano was convicted of 47 counts of interstate fraud, conspiracy, racketeering, etc and was sentenced to 35 years in prison. He will be eligible for parole in 2029."

THAT is a cop out.

Here's another scenario:

Everything we originally saw happen, happens. At the end, 3/4ths of the Soprano family are sitting at the diner table eating their onion rings waiting for Meadow to show up. She finally does, sits down and eats an onion ring. Tony smiles, because he's with his family. Happy song comes on. Fade (not cut) to black.

How do you feel about that ending?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote