View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #318
Anthony
Banned

i haven't seen the ending yet but got tired of skipping all the talk so i read how it ends. i agree the ending is consistent with how Chase has handled the series. set up very nicely.

however, and i've said it before, the storyteller - not the artist, mind you - has a duty to tell the story. the artist leaves room for interpretation. the storyteller gives you the beginning, middle and the end. you don't tell us about Hansel & Gretle and fade to black right when Hansel gives the witch a chicken bone. i honestly believe endings like this are cop-outs, they are the failure of the storyteller to provide a definitive closure to a story out of fears it won't hold up over time. this is a failure on Chase's part. he was not up to the task of killing off one of tv's treasured characters, so he leaves us off with a black screen. "here", he says, "you pull the trigger". again, i agree the ending was done well, but a climax is not an ending. Chase took the easy way out and leaves the rest up to the viewer, whose job isn't to finish the story. if i have to finish Chase's story for him then pay me some of his salary and i'll do it.

Last edited by Anthony : 06-12-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote