Old 06-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #226
GoDukes
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Okay...how do you end it?

That's the job of the writers.

Quote:
Obviously Tony wasn't going to die. He "won" in a sense. Phil's gone, and whoever takes over that crew will have a nice working relationship with Jersey.

So you're left with two options:

- Tony flipping. That would be disastrous to me. Tony has never shown the weakness that would warrant that, and it would be more of a "cop out" than what you're complaining about.

- Tony getting arrested. Okay, perfectly legitimate ending, right? But if the end of the episode is Tony getting taken in, how does that neatly wrap it up? Then you're left wondering if he's going to be convicted, if he's going to take a lesser sentence by ratting out some of his guys or NY, etc.

What you (and many, many others) seem to want is to see Tony end up getting cuffed, and then have a nice series of quick flashes displaying what happened to everyone, finally including, "Tony Soprano was convicted of 47 counts of interstate fraud, conspiracy, racketeering, etc and was sentenced to 35 years in prison. He will be eligible for parole in 2029."

THAT is a cop out.

I don't need to see that necessarily. I wanted the show to be wrapped up. I wanted everything that was told over the last 7 seasons to mean something.
GoDukes is offline   Reply With Quote