View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #225
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
...Tony end up getting cuffed, and then have a nice series of quick flashes displaying what happened to everyone, finally including, "Tony Soprano was convicted of 47 counts of interstate fraud, conspiracy, racketeering, etc and was sentenced to 35 years in prison. He will be eligible for parole in 2029."

THAT is a cop out.

Amen.

As an aside, my wife and I were running around getting the kids into bed at 9, so we set the DVR to start taping and wound up about 2 minutes behind. When the screen went blank, we both sat bolt upright and started cursing a blue streak, thinking that the DVR had stopped taping. It took a few minutes to figure out exactly what was going on.

But I thought the ending was brilliant. Really, there is no way to "wrap up" the entire show without doing the Law and Order text flashes at the end. In my initial confusion over the blank screen, I told my wife that I was certain that the guy would appear in the bathroom doorway and take a shot at Tony, only to hit Meadow as she rushed in and sit down next to him. That still seems plausible, but the greatness of the ending is that so do about a half a dozen different scenarios. However you feel about the characters, the show, life in general ... the show ends however you want it to end.