View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #119
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
Since last posting here, I've read the second the first two Astonishing X-Men trade as well as the second Y: The Last Man tpb and #2 & #3 Ex Machina trades. There were very good. Basically stuff from all over the map, but I enjoyed them all thoroughly. Thanks to you all in there who recommended them. All three series are now high on my list of future tpd buys...

I'm currently reading book 2 of Usagi Yojimbo and that one is a gem, a very cool lighthearted kind of book. I have posted a small introduction to the rabbit bodyguard on my karate blog and I'll repost it here:

Yeah, it was written with martial artists, or at least fans of martial arts in mind, but maybe one of you around here might like it.

FM

I just finished the first two TPBs of "Ex Machina" and am about to finish the third "Y: The Last Man Standing" TPB as well. I like it. I've enjoyed Ex Machina more than Y, but both are great. It's the Brian Vaugh era at the H_B Mansion. I think he was really the last "must read" author I hadn't gotten around to.

I have third Astonishing X-Men sitting on my to read pile at home as well.

I think the latest Fables tpb just came out. I will definitely pick it up. I love the series.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote