View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 07:35 AM   #155
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
If I had been warned that I was about to be killed, but I didn't know when, where or by who, I'd be carrying around numerous weapons that are either loaded and easy to get to, or they are just sticking right out like the wild wild west.

That I agree with. I'm sure the first thing was they were so smug about the botched hit on Phil, that they weren't prepared for the payback.

Bobby was a goner with his cell in his pocket, but you'd think that you'd keep something like that at all times when you were responsible for a New York hit. It was believable because Bobby could be such a goof.

Silvio was more suprising because this is the guy that whacks people. I mean he did a hit just at the start of the episode. So yes, you'd think he'd be more aware, but I always got the picture that Silvio was a behind the scenes guy, he keeps his business quiet. I had a little less belief in his not carrying the gun, but he seemed more interested in all the business stuff to think they'd gun for him. Big mistake...some viewers allude that it's his just desserts scrambling for a gun the same way Adriana had to scramble in the woods to her death.

I've not read on any boards, but some complained about the violence in the death/injury of the motorcyclist as the hitmen scramble to get away, but I think it was more to add belief that a car could be stopped by a motorcycle, like Silvio's was. I was thinking why get out of the car, run over that hog and get out of there. Plus it may have been an allusion to the African that AJ's friend's beat up when he runs into the door of the one kid's car. His bike is run over in the violence.

This is one of those shows where you can see a bunch of things within things, even the dull episodes would illuminate something.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote