View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #17
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wednesday Week 1 January 1998 AWA Road Wars

Utah State Fairgrounds, Salt Lake City, Utah Att: 900

Scott Hudson addressed the crowd, putting over a match between The Suicide Machines vs. Corino and Daniels from the Down Boys later in the show.
Rating: F

Michael Modest defeated Christian Cage in 4:39 by pinfall when Missy Hyatt interfered, spraying Hairspray into Cages Eyes.
Rating: E

After the match a somber Nick Bockwinkel comes to the Ring and gives the audience news that Kid Kash has not yet arrived at the arena, putting the Suicide Machines/Down Boys Tag Match in jeopardy.

Missy Hyatt joins Bockwinkel in the Ring and grabs the House Mic. “I know a little about Boys being late because it happens a lot after an evening with me” Missy purrs seductively “But Kash would never know that pleasure if he was the last Man on earth!! I demand you cancel the Match Bockwinkel!!” Bockwinkel coyly replied that he guessed that made Kash the only Man on Earth then, which seemed to confuse Missy.
Rating: F+

Super Crazy comes out to the podium and asks Nick Bockwinkel to allow Kid Kash more time to arrive to the arena. “He be here I promise, please senor Bockwinkel”

Rhino defeated Ace Steel in 7:20 by pinfall with a Gore. (The Man Beast marches on)
Rating: E+

Nick Bockwinkel calls Super Crazy to the announcers Podium. Kash is still not here, so he gives Crazy a simple choice - he can either pick another partner for the upcoming tag match with the Down Boys, or the Match will have to be forfeited
Rating: E +

Crazy says that he has made his decision, and he has chosen Frankie Kazarian as his partner. Out comes Kazarian. Bockwinkel makes the announcement that it is now official. Super Crazy and Frankie Kazarian will be teaming together to face the Down Boys, if Kash is still not here and ready by Match time.

Missy Hyatt comes out and tears into Nick Bockwinkel, telling him that since a replacement has been picked, the Match should start now “Kid Kash blew his chance Nicky, I demand you start the Match now, now now!” Missy pouts. Bockwinkel quips that despite how much Missy knows about blowing, Kash still has a few more minutes. Hyatt is livid “I show 3 minutes until the Match should start, if it does not start on time, the Down Boys win by forfeit!!”

With Kid Kash still not in the arena the Match goes as scheduled with Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels defeating Super Crazy and Frankie Kazarian in 6:31 when Steve Corino pinned Frankie Kazarian after Hyatt clocked him with her loaded Gucci Bag.

As Super Crazy chases Hyatt to the back, Corino and Daniels attack Frankie Kazarian laying a brutal beating on the helpless youngster. Crazy returns too late for the save as the Down Boys make tracks.

Marty Jannetty and Robert Gibson discuss recent events as they leave the Locker Room. Robert Gibson attempts to offer an Olive branch. “Look, it’s all about the New Rockers Baby, we put everything else in the past.” Jannetty seems pacified as they begin the walk to the Ring. Then as if on queue, “Rock and Roll is King” by ELO is heard over the sound system. Gibson shrugs, swearing he has no clue why this is playing. Jannetty looks away then slaps Gibson right across the face, storming off to the Ring in a huff, leaving a hurt and bewildered Gibson standing in the Aisle
Jannetty grabs the house Mic…..”No tag Match tonight!! You wrestle Adams, I wrestle Richards…..Whoever does better calls all the shots for the Team, music, tights everything!” With that Jannetty steps off the Ring Apron. Adams and Richards agree and we are set.
Rating: F +

Chris Adams defeated Robert Gibson in 6:34 by pinfall following interference from Marty Jannetty, who catches Gibson with the Rocker Dropper as the Referee is distracted by Stevie Richards, the crowd is shocked

Marty Jannetty, Chris Adams and Stevie Richards commence to further brutalization of Robert Gibson in the ring, and leave him down and out. Suddenly ELO is once again heard over the sound system as Ricky Morton runs in and cleans House!!!! Morton has returned to save his former partner; Rock and Roll is here to stay!
Rating: E+

Kid Kash suddenly appears, coming in through the Crowd, dressed in street clothes. He addresses an apology to Super Crazy, and calls out Bockwinkel, explaining his absence was due to Car troubles. "I left my Motel room and found that my car had flats, can you believe that? Today of all Days.” I'm here now and ready to face the Down Boys, I need 2 minutes to change, and then we can do this!!”
Missy Hyatt comes out to gloat. "No, No, No, Mr. Kid Kash! You were late, the match went down, my Boys came out on top” Missy winks “Which is how I like it” Hyatt pauses as a few slut chants echo in the crowd. “Are we supposed to cry a river for you just because you had four flat tires? I don't think so!"
Kid Kash glares at Missy Hyatt and interrupts. "Wait a minute, bitch. Just wait one damn minute, here. Who said I had FOUR flat tires?"
Suddenly, Missy appears near panic-stricken, "Well... You did. You said you had flat tires."

It now starts to make sense to Kash "I said I had flat tires, that's right, but I never said four. How did you know I had four flat tires?"
Missy makes a sudden retreat, while Kid Kash rages about being set up, spurring Bockwinkel to do something about it.

Bockwinkel points out to Kash that the official match was changed and it is over….besides there is no time left on the show for another Match, sorry.

Kash is not taking it, he challenges the Down Boys to a street fight, right here, right now, no Referee, no sanction, nothing….”Let’s just fight” When Corino and Daniels don’t appear he storms off to look for them as the show ends

Final Rating: E

Thoughts: Was not happy that not one of my 3 major story lines has even reached a D in heat yet, so I am throwing some swerves. The first of which was calling Morton and reaching an agreement with him at the last minute to fly in.......after all as Bob Seger says….”Still love that old time Rock and Roll.” The Express is back Baby.

I have hope for the Kash, Crazy vs Down Boys storyline and believe it will get over eventually. It is still our hottest angle, and with as much talent as these four have I expect better. I think I just need to be patient with this one for a while as we continue to grow.

This show was better than either of last Weeks shows and we didn’t receive any warning that it could hurt our popularity as we did with both of them. Attendance of 900 is our lowest yet, we will need to rebound this Friday.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote