View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wednesday week 3 December 1997 AWA Road Wars

Shakopee Center: Shakopee, MN Attendance: 1,000 (sell out)

Scott Hudson is at the podium, where he hypes tonight’s bout between Steve Williams and Mike Awesome for the newly reinstated AWA World Heavyweight title.
"This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!"
Rating: F+

Rhino defeated Frankie Kazarian in 5:52 by pinfall with a Gore.
Rating: D

Missy Hyatt, Steve Corino, and Christopher Daniels come out for an interview, making fun of Super Crazy and calling for immigration to come to the Ring.

Chris Adams and Stevie Richards defeated Robert Gibson and Christian Cage in 8:35 when Chris Adams defeated Christian Cage by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.
Rating: E

Adams and Stevie attack Christian Cage in the ring, and leave him down and out.
Rating: F

Super Crazy appears and says that he will show the Gringo's Steve Corino and Christopher Daniels what crazy means - If they face him in a match, Viva la Loco!!!

Tatanka defeated C.W. Anderson in 8:30 by pinfall with an Indian Death Drop, after a botched run in by Robert Fuller.
Rating: D-

Tatanka is celebrating his victory with a War dance, when Dick Slater hits the ring and attacks him, CW Anderson joins the beat down, leaving Tatanka prone in the Ring. Slater drops an Elbow on Tatanka’s Head Dress for good measure.

Missy Hyatt comes out with her clients, Corino and Daniels. All three begin to mercilessly taunt Super Crazy for his promo. “Viva la green Card” chants Corino as the crowd gives him a free shower in draft Beer.

Tatanka staggers to the podium and addresses the Stud Stable, challenging them to a Tag Team Match: Tatanka and a partner of his choosing against Slater and Anderson. “You can disrespect me, but don’t disrespect my heritage….payback will be awesome!”

Steve Williams, Dick Slater and C.W. Anderson are seen talking backstage as Tatanka continues his promo. Williams seems annoyed as he has to prepare for his World Title match.

Steve Williams defeated Mike Awesome in 10:20 by pinfall following interference from Dick Slater. Steve Williams wins the AWA World Heavyweight Title title. Tatanka tries to intervene but is laid out by Robert Fuller with a cane shot.
Rating: D-

Final Rating: D-
Notes from Les Thatcher indicate Christian Cage was used too much, which is rather curious. He got jobbed, beat up, then he went home??

Thoughts: A short show, that was a little bumpy. I expect the ratings to be low for a bit as many in this area are not familiar with most of the young Guys and the Veterans are mostly Guys from the old Southern and Midwestern territories.

Good idea on Copeland Danny, he will make a good edition to the down Boys stable. I will have to pursue him.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-04-2007 at 10:50 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote