View Single Post
Old 06-06-2003, 05:58 AM   #39
CK#12
n00b

Chief Rum,

You are welcome to PM anytime.

I've only ever been to 2 Poppies matches, I actually support Nottingham Forest.

Kettering Town's big rivals are Northampton Town and Rushden & Diamonds.
Rushden have a lot of money because they had a wealthy chairman called Max Griggs (a multi-millionaire) who bought the club and he has helped them rise through the divisions and they are now in the 2nd division.
Northampton being a lot bigger town have had more success than Kettering but have fluctuated between the 3rd and 2nd division.
If Kettering ever beat either of these teams (maybe when you get promoted ) then the fans would go crazy.

Kettering Town has had it's good times but at the moment the club is in financial uncertainty and the team has just not been playing well. We have had to sell our best players just to balance the books.

Despite the problems Kettering still get about 2,000 fans for most home games which is pretty good for a non-lague team.

You've obviously done quite a bit of research into the area, I 've been really impressed.

A few local things for your dynasty.

If any of your players go out for a good time, the local nightspots are a club is called "Club XS" which is on the outskirts of town & "Chicago's" which is in the middle of town.
The best pubs are the "Sportsman", "Wayfarers" or "The Rising Sun".

Local retuarants are pretty crap but there is a nice italian in Burton Latimer which is a village just outside of Kettering.
I can't remember what it's called though.

Anything you need just ask.
CK#12 is offline   Reply With Quote