(format courtsey of molson)

WCW

WCW Monday Night Nitro
Monday, Week 1, December 1997
Charlotte Coliseum

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Fit Finley defeated Johnny Swinger (E)

Pre-Show Dark Match
-Prince Iaukea defeated Norman Smiley (D-)

Pre-Show Dark Match
-Jim Neidhart defeated Riggs (D-)

-Show opening with WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hollywood Hulk Hogan making his way to the ring. Hogan gives an interview putting down WCW and how big the nWo is and how he is going to destroy Sting at Starcade this year. (A)

-Six Man tag team action. Super Calo, Juventude Guerrera & La Parka defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr., Villano V & Silver King (D-)

-Buff Bagwell is doing an interview w/ Gene Okerlund bashing on Lex Lugar and hyping their upcoming match. (C+)

-Ultimo Dragon defeated Psicosis (D+)

-Chris Benoit defeated Billy Kidman (C-)

-Lex Luger defeated Buff Bagwell (C)

-Sting comes down to the ring and gives a response to Hollywood Hulk Hogan. (A)

-Harlem Heat defeated The Faces of Fear (C-)

-Curt Hennig defeated Diamond Dallas Page to retain the WCW United States Title (B+)

-As Page begins to get up after the loss Kevin Nash rushes to the ring and beats down on Page giving him several power bombs as the show goes off the air. (B+)

Overall Show Rating: B

Show Thoughts & Notes

-Scott Hall missed the show so we'll have to deal with him. I'll probally warn him for the 1st offense, but I know it won't be his last either so I'll keep an eye on him.

-I have a working agreement w/ AAA to bring in some of their luchadors in addition to the ones I have under contract but so far the Lucha Libre expreiment sucks...we'll see what the furture brings.

-Being that this was my first show I'm happy I got a B and the fans were okay with my match/angle setup I just need to have some better matches. I do believe I need to trim some of the fat and I'm sure Ted Turner will let me know that here real quick.

-My dark matches were a little below what I expected, but I guess that's what you get when you only put low guys together in a match. I like the WWF need some better tag teams so I'm going to look at pairing some guys up or hiring some old partners to reform a team again here in WCW.

(format courtsey of molson)

Last edited by SnDvls : 05-14-2007 at 01:46 PM.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote