View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #473
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Jayson Stark:

• The Giants are pitching well enough that they have no plans to call up phenom Tim Lincecum in the next week or two. But one scout who has seen Lincecum (31 innings, 12 hits, 46 strikeouts in Triple-A) asks: Why the heck not? "He should be the Giants' eighth-inning guy right now, and then close if [Armando] Benitez breaks down again," the scout said. "He's lightning." Lincecum zips through innings so fast, the scout joked, he has a chance to set a record -- "longest career with the least time on the mound."

Ortiz is still officially the SP for Sunday night's game.

I guess that's about to change, according to Olney:

• The most intriguing minor league phenom in baseball is being summoned to the big leagues. Tim Lincecum's numbers are absurd -- 46 strikeouts in 31 innings, and one run allowed -- and the fact that he hasn't allowed a home run yet, in a hitters' league, is fascinating. You have to wonder if this is a Wally Pipp situation.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote