View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #418
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
The flimsy reasoning is on your side this time, my friend, and isn't like you.

As I understood Chief's suggestion, he suggested that one of us with one of the magical roles of lesser importance volunteer to be cleansed so that we did not end up voting someone with a crucial role and forcing them to a) reveal or b) lose the benefit of their role.

It was a VOLUNTEER that he asked for. This makes eminent sense for today only -- we have various and sundry of our fellow cultists who are working behind the scenes at night to help find the shadows. It is to our total benefit to allow those people to work without either suspicion coming upon them or without forcing them to acknowledge their importance to point out to the shadows.

Instead you seemed to turn that into an everyday occurance and shot it down, like you have virtually any other idea that has been floated so far this game.......as well as neglecting to send in a night action that would supposedly help us also. You are the one who strikes me as not working for the benefit of good right now, not that suggestion by Chief.

Either way its still a bad idea to ask for a volunteer good guy to vote for to remove from the game instead of possibly getting a bad guy. We have a system here where if we end up guessing wrong on someone who reveals an important role that we can give them Mercy instead of punishment, and that not only doesnt lynch them but it PROTECTS them from conversion at night as well for that night. That along with the idea of trying to line up targets for the shadows to get by knowing which members have mundane abilities (the perfect targets) , its just way too many harmful ideas that he has floated out there.

If you fail to understand why either of these ideas are bad ideas, then I can't help you out here, and you're better off being cleansed next anyways to make sure we know what side you are really on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Doesn't mean you couldn't have been converted though, does it?

Sure, Ive said all day that no one should assume that Im not converted or even one of the original two based on what I did or didnt do last night. However your jumping to protect faulty reasoning and someone who right now smells the most like a wolf, just is setting off all kinds of alarms.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote