View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 04:07 PM   #130
path12
Coordinator

OK, just had a chance to read through the thread. Random thoughts:

I agree with Tyrith re: Barkeeps mass reveal post. He has been very consistent in his stance on this issue, and I don't think that it carries any special significance that he did it again this game. Besides, as usual it looks like the vast majority disagree with him anyway (as I also do in this particular instance).

I have a listed role and a mundane role. I do not plan on sharing them unless absolutely necessary, for I think it is far better for the cultists that way.

I have to go back through some of the roles, but have noted a couple hints by some people regarding theirs that will effectively leave them off of my voting list for today.

I understand hoops and Alan's thoughts regarding punishment/mercy, but I lean towards the mercy approach. I am thinking that the communication between shadow members will be limited rather than unlimited, weakening the power of communication that the bad guys usually have. Maybe a broadcast message each day by the head shadow or something along those lines.

It seems that the only way that the shadows could know each other short of reveals is via the conversion process. Since it is explicitly stated in the rules that the shadows do not know each other, I think it likely that the random conversion is unknown to the starting shadow player. To take that a step further, they would not know the future conversions either -- say if there are three shadows and they each name a separate person to try and convert, I would assume that there would be no notification of who's order went through -- and possibly not even if it did go through or not.

This is all just speculation, but it has me thinking that mercy is not a bad option for tonight while we give our helpful roles a chance to do their stuff.

As for a vote, I'll hold off for now. I would lean towards anyone who hasn't checked in around deadline.