View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #121
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So did anyone give any thought to my role/item classification idea? Seems like it was ignored. Do you all think that is a bad idea? Personally, with so much information in the mechanics of this game, I think we could really use something like that to wrap our heads around the tools and abilities we have available to us.

Speaking of bad ideas, mass-revealing == very bad, IMO. And the game Barkeep is referring to--he was a wolf. Not saying he is now, or advocating he should be considered suspicious for the suggestion; just noting it was a wolf who proposed that strategy in that game. I'm not too keen on strategies originally proposed by wolves, if you know what I mean.

I have one of the magical roles above, but no magic item. I also have a mundane role ability. Does everyone have one of those?

I will be leaving soon, so I am afraid I will have to vote early. It will be a random vote with pretty much no evidence behind it, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Subtle way to fish for information...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heh heh nothing sneaky here. I have a mundane role ability. Reading the mechanics, it seems likely to me there are other such mundane role abilities out there, likely some repeats, with everyone having one. The mechanics point out that cleansing doesn't remove these abilities.

Not asking for everyone to say what their mundane ability is, just noting is another aspect of the game we shouldn't ignore, and I think we should consider at least seeing if everyone has one of those, or if it's just a select few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i think i know what you're talking about in terms of mundane roles that cleansing doesn't remove, and if so i know i clearly have them.

This was the discussion about mundane abilities that didn't really set off anything first path through. I'm wondering if the shadow would be so out open on trying to get that information, or just wait for someone more analytical to push that topic to the front. Mustang seemed to understand it was rather important right away though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote