View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 AM   #730
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Two on DVD, one in the theater:

Syriana - 7/10 - a bit dry at times, put a pretty facinating story where all the wide ranging stories come together in the end. Clooney was excellent in his role, as was Damon, and the guy who played the liberal emir.

Munich - 9/10 - a shame it didn't get a nomination for an Academy Award. Now that I've seen it, I think it was probably the best movie of the past year (save for Pan's Labyrinth, but foriegn films never win the top prize). It's two movies really, one performing "the mission" and the other dealing with the aftermath. It's the aftermath part which really sets it apart. How does a person deal with that much death and paranoia. Brilliant stuff, and Eric Bana is perfect for the main role.

Hot Fuzz - 9/10 - Just utterly hilarious. They topped Shawn of the Dead, and I wasn't sure that they could. But Hot Fuzz just was so much better. I don't think I've seen another movie which had so many laughs per minute. Many memorable scenes, such as the emptying out the pub and two pistols on a bike make this one I'll look to get on DVD.