View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #93
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
If Omega Flight does well (it's a limited series right now), they'll turn it into an ongoing.

don't know what this means for it becoming an ongoing, but Marvel has announced that Omega Flight #1 has sold out and that they're going to a second printing.

Quote:
Omega Flight #1 Sells Out & Goes Back To Print

Marvel is pleased to announce that Omega Flight #1, featuring the debut of Canada's new super team, has sold out at Diamond. Featuring the talents of writer Mike Oeming (Thor) and Scott Kolins (Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes), the inaugural issue of this limited series has struck a chord with both retailers and fans.

To meet demand for this issue, Marvel Comics is going back to print on Omega Flight #1 with a variant cover featuring interior art by Scott Kolins.

In the wake of Civil War, Canada has put together its own super-team called Omega Flight, the last line of defense for the Great White North against super villain insurgents from abroad. Unfortunately for the Canadians, before Omega Flight can band together, a powerful team of villains have decided to turn their northern neighbor in a playground for plundering.

Note, Omega Flight #1 may still be available at the retailer level. Marvel advises that retailers check their orders for upcoming issues as Omega Flight continues to benefit from strong reviews and word of mouth. Also, don't miss your chance to find how it all began—check out Alpha Flight Classic Vol.1, in stores now, presenting the first 8 issues of the Canadian superteam's adventures.

I've yet to receive my copy as I'd agree to delay the first shipment for a week, so I can't really comment on the quality of the series. Still very much looking forward to it.

FM