View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #23
rjolley
College Starter

I played the beta since I bought 2007 to support Clay and liked it enough to buy 2008.

It's a good game, though does have some problems. It's great to pick up and play a quick season. I usually sim a month until June, sim a week then to get trade offers, then sim a month to the end, tweaking my roster for the playoffs. I was usually able to sim through 3-5 seasons in a settling, maybe an hour while watching tv. Also, for the history buffs, it was very easy to set up a league with real players and run a historical league. Expansion happened automatically, including an expansion draft.

However, I found it very easy to get young stars and build a powerhouse team. This was on the second skill level (out of four), so I'm not sure how the trades are on the highest level.

Also, relievers were overused in pre-50's baseball. Seemed to be a lot of complete games, but still more svaes than there should be, and the pitching staffs were too large. Maybe I'm remembering what I've read wrong, but didn't they have smaller staffs back then? The ones for Mogul never alter from 10 spots.

I decided to buy it this weekend because I do enjoy playing the game. I'll have to try the higher skill levels to see if I can fleece the AI and make another run with the White Sox.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote