View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 07:04 AM   #189
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Speaking of a great talent/athlete who doesn't appear to get the game...did anyone see the double whammy boneheaded running mistakes Carl Crawford made last night in the 9th inning? Tie game, man on 1st, he hits a b all down the line in RF. The 3B coach holds the runner at third, except Crawford apparently doesn't bother to look ahead and just keeps going through 2B. I know what he was thinking - I'm so fast I can get a triple out of this. And he probably could have, except there was, uh, somebody already occupying third.

So once he makes his way to third, the guy on third does the only thing he can - he takes off for home to make sure the faster guy is at least left at 3B, and who knows, maybe they'll botch the play and the Rays will get a cheap run out of it. But no, not only do they tag him out easily between 3B and home, but then Crawford inexplicably starts jogging back to 2B during the rundown, and is easily thrown out at 2B for the double play. Instead of second and third, no one out, they've got no none on and 2 out. End of inning. Bottom of the 9th, Morneau hits a HR over Crawford's head, and it looks like Crawford had a shot at it, but it would have been difficult. But damn, I haven't seen baserunning that bad since my daughter's last T-ball season.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-13-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote