View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #84
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
it's now official, I hate you. With the Lone Wolf and Cub suggestion you were cool cause you introduced me to some old stuff I could try to get in TPBs without sinking into the comic subscription thing, but I just researched that list of yours and damn! Too many new things (i.e. on their fourth issue or less) that I find very cool. AAAAARRGGGG!!!

Adding to my hell is the fact that I have found a canadian online place that does subscription with very reasonable shipping fees (www.everythingcomics.ca) which makes me very, very tempted to start a 4-5 comics pull list. As of now, the list would look like this:

New Universal don't know about you, but the whole premise of it has a very Heroes feel to it, I like the idea behind it

Immortal Iron Fist the fist thing is getting to me, some Japanese background it, interesting

Mighty Avengers okay, WVUFAN, you're not the only one to blame for that one. Cuervo and the babe talk has me on the ready, that and I discovered that it's written by Powers' Brian Michael Bendis.

Welcome to Tranquility I like the idea behind it, looks pretty cool.

Omega Flight well, that one I found on my own, a team of Canadian Superheroes!!! And to top it off, it's written by Powers' co-creator and artist Michael Avon Oeming. The first issue is coming up and the previews I've seen looked interesting. Some shots for the Canadian Parliament. LOL

FM

Okay, I did set up the pull list with everythingcomics as well as ordered all the issues to bring myself current, damn you WVUFAN

I'm starting with the 5 listed above in addition to Sam Noir which I talked about previously.

Another one is tugging at me though, Loners from Marvel. #1 of an original series of 6 is supposed to be released this week. Looks like something in the vein of Runaways, mainly about heroes who were once teen superheros but now in the young adulthood, have to go through therapy to live out of the spandex. A preview is available:
http://bullpenbulletinspodcast.com/i...d=240&Itemid=2

FM