View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #121
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Went to the Royals game today. Game time temp: 29 degrees, with lots of wind. Small (~14K) crowd but into it for as few people as were there. This is not baseball weather. Cruel irony- the next game we're going to (April 20th), the giveaway is Royals fleece blankets. Would have killed for another blanket today.

I can see what people say about Gil Meche with the maddening inconsistency. I remember looking down when I was keeping score and his first ball was pitch number 10, partway into the second inning. Then he lost the strike zone in the third and Detroit put up a crooked number. Aside from that 3 run third, he gave up 3 solo homers on a day when the wind was howling from left to right. He finished 7 innings on just over 100 pitches so you have to be grateful for that, toughening up after that last homer and I don't think he allowed another hit. Still, giving up 6 runs won't win you many ball games.

Also, can someone explain why Buddy Bell has a mancrush on Ross Gload?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote