View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #1321
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I suppose it would be too easy a pun if I said "Hold on, don't sell Shannon Bobbitt short"

Anosike was a monster with 16 boards, and Auguste's 10 points in the first half felt awfully important to me.

7 titles for Pat, just 3 more to to tie Wooden.

No doubt, she absolutely killed them on the boards and Shannon Bobbitt was feisty. I just meant that just having a player like Parker means the other players have to step up and they did just that. I think Rutgers was obviously young and CVS said as much when she talked about their deer in the headlights looks. I think just getting the final is huge for that Rutgers squad and it should help recruiting.

I hope Stringer doesn't leave for LSU as I've heard rumoured. She's done such a great job with that program in Jersey and it seems to me that it would be a pretty big blow to a program that she ushered to national prominence, far before we were talking anything about football at RU, just to go and leave at this stage of her coaching career. Though I suppose she deserves a title before she's all done, so I can't say I blame her if she goes. It would just be really nice to see her get a title in Jersey.