View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #68
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Hearing Pete Rose talk to the boys upstairs during the 7th inning was a nice Opening Day touch. He's so passionate about baseball in Cincinnati and remembers so much- we were the first team in 1869, he feels Cincinnati should still be the first game played of every season in Cincinnati. His favorite record he owns is not the untouchable 4,256; it is 1,978. That is the number of wins his teams earned when he played those games. He made this point: If a rookie were to come up this year, and for the next 19 years his teams won 100 games, he would still be 78 short of Pete.

Anyways, great win over the Cubbies. The Reds are oft predicted to finish last this year, but I am not discounting anybody in the NL Central to win it. The Cards have a shaky end of the rotation.

You never want to wish for an injury, but I want to see Josh Hamilton get 300-400 plate appearances this year.

Oh, and I already like Alex Gonzalez at SS. Great fielder.

Pete defintely knows his stuff and would make one hell of a manager. Unfortunately, he's an idiot and threw it down the crapper.

By the way...anyone in the booth talking besides George Grande is a huge upgrade.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote