View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 09:53 PM   #42
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The defense has been stellar. If we can play D like this all year that will make up for the marginal starting pitching

"Marginal" starters is such an exaggeration. Do you remember some of the names that were sent out there last season? Gonzalez, Lima, Soler...not to mention the definition of mediocrity, Steve Trachsel. Those spots are being filled by Maine (excellent stuff and was great under pressure in the playoffs, I expect a great year out of him), Perez (will surely be erratic, with some great games and some bad ones mixed together), and Pelfrey (who could have a Verlander-like impact).

Yes, El Duque will surely break down eventually...but by the time that happens, Pedro will be back and I think he'll be at full-strength. As long as nothing catastrophic happens between now and July, I think his surgery will end up being a blessing in disguise. He'll be fresh and will be as good as any deadline addition could be.

I'm honestly not the homer-type who can't see flaws in his team...and that said, I'm not in any way worried about the starting pitching this season.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote