View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #55
WVUFAN
College Starter

My monthly reading list

For the 1 or 2 people that might be interested, here's my monthly pull list for comics:

The Authority - Yes, Morrison's writing it, but The Authority is one of my favorite books. Get the original series trades with Ellis and Millar writing them. Fantastic stuff)

Avengers: The Initiative -- New ongoing Avengers title based off the "50 States Initiative" gimmick. War Machine leads the team.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8: I'm a Buffy fan, and Whedon is writing this. 'Nuff said.

Countdown: New DC series coming off the weekly 52 series.

Crossing Midnight: Vertigo series by Mike Carey with Japanese mythology. Really interesting.

Fall of Cthulhu: New ongoing Lovecraftian series by Boom! Studios.

Friday the 13th: One of the best written comics out there. SERIOUSLY. It's much more than just Jason killing people. I was very much surprised at the writing quality of this title.

Gen13: Revamp of the 1990's series by Gale Simone.

Immortal Iron Fist: Ed Brubaker writes this. I've got stuff from all three incarnations of the character, and this is so far been the best one. Art is very Jae Lee-ish.

Justice Society of America: The best drawn monthly title period. Dale Eaglesham(the artist) is the man.

Mighty Avengers: Second ongoing title with Frank Cho as the artist. Here's an example of Frank Cho artwork

NewUniversal: Back in the 1980's, Marvel tried to create a new line of comics called "The New Universe" where superheros were inserted into a world much like our own. It didn't work, mostly because it was not done in a "realistic" way. This is Warren Ellis taking characters in those original series and twisting them in his own unique way.

Welcome to Tranquility: Wildstorm title about what happens when heroes retire. They go to a retirement town, called Tranquility. Cool concept.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 03-30-2007 at 10:04 PM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote