View Single Post
Old 06-02-2003, 04:56 AM   #27
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

July 16, 2002

Northant Evening Telegraph

Dancy Receives One-Match Ban

KETTERING-- The Nationwide Conference Football Association has suspended Poppies' midfielder Stefan Dancy for one match for his red card dismissal in Monday's friendly match with AFC Bournemouth.

Dancy received the card after pushing the Cherries' striker Steven Fletcher to the ground in the 64th minute of the match at Kettering Town's Rockingham Road stadium. Dancy appeared to be reacting to a physical scrape with Fletcher over a throw-in.

Despite the infraction, the Poppies went on to defeat the Cherries, 1-0, playing shorthanded, in new manager Matthew Kieta's first match at the head of the club.

Dancy, 18, is expected to play a key role in the Poppies' midfield this season. He will miss Thursday's friendly against Peterborough at the Rock.

Kieta had little comment on the matter when reached at the team offcies. He said he will not appeal the ban, and that any other disciplinary action, if any, would be "internal only".

The Poppy players had the day off, as per a common post-match tradition.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-02-2003 at 04:59 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote