View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #6
bryce
High School Varsity

I have Nations Warranty on the home I bought 6 months ago. I've had to replace my furnace, but I still had to pay $1000+ out of pocket - supposedly the warranty company covered another grand (the HVAC service company claimed this was a $2000+ job.) I also had to replace my pool filter, which was not covered at all - another $1000. I recently dated a girl who bought a house right around when I did, and she had hot water heater problems - cost her $500, again not covered by her warranty.

The crappy thing is with these warranty services is they make damn sure they don't cover any high dollar jazz, or don't cover much of it perhaps is more accurate. The crappier thing is that since they have contracts with service companies, the service companies are complete shit - they don't give two craps about the job they do, the customers, or anything else b/c they have guaranteed revenue all year long from the warranty company. (The HVAC company came to my house FIVE TIMES to fix/replace my furnace - that's five days of work I had to leave, but, again, what do they care? They have more work than they can shake a stick at, and we, as customers, have no power over them at all - want to go to a different service company? Ok, but now NOTHING is covered at all by the warranty company...)
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote