View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I don't have any experience with AHS or these sort of plans, but I'll throw in my .02 as a homeowner.

In over ten years of home ownership with new appliances in both houses, the only things I've replaced that you mentioned was a built-in microwave that got struck by lightning. Everything else you listed has only required routine maintenance (although I did have multiple service calls on our 'fridge & a new washer/dryer combo, but you didn't list either of those). That makes me leery of paying $500 a year for what sounds like "appliance insurance".

To me, just based on your description, I'd be hard pressed to think it's worth the price, especially if there's restrictions on what service providers you're allowed to use (since I expect their motivation to be timely is going to be limited by their presumably negotiated rate with the warranty company).