View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Question American Home Shield Warranty Service - Good or not?

When we bought our house last year, it came with a warranty program run by American Home Shield which had some restrictive terms I didn't like, but since it was free to us, I was glad to have it. Our home is now just under 2 years old. We didn't have to use the plan at all during the past year. As I'm paying bills, I find myself debating on whether or not to renew this program which runs just under 500 dollars but would cover our Range/Oven/Cooktop, eletrical system, air conditioning, trash compactor, built in microwave, heating system, water system, ductwork, dishwasher, plumbing, and garbage disposal (with some limitations on quite a few of those.)

Has anyone ever had to use their AHS Warranty? How was the service? One reason that I'm considering not renewing is that I don't like being bound to use their service providers, but I'm really curious to hear any feedback positive or negative on this. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote