View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #28
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

okay, I thought I had seen a comic books section to my local bookstores but a trip there last evening reminded me of one thing: it really sucks to be into things in English in French speaking Quebec... sigh.

They had just about NOTHING! Or at least nothing of interest to me. Tons of manga stuff, tons of european stuff, all in French... I saw three copies of the Marvel Encyclopedia, so not really a comic book per se, and 3-4 copies of three different Playboy comic books. Playboy? oh well

Anyway, snowed in and unable to go to karate this morning, I went online shopping and was very surprised to see that indigo.ca had a bunch of the ones I was interested in, all shipping in 24 hours and all at reasonable prices with free shipping when over 39$cdn. (MikeVic, you should check them out, chapters.indigo.ca).

Anyway, after much mulling over which one to get without spending like $450, I went with two separate orders. First, from indigo I'll be getting Watchmen and the first hardcover collection of Powers (issues 1-24). Both are already sowing "awaiting shipment" in the order status page.

I then went to amazon.ca and ordered the Rising Stars hardcover that has the whole series, including the preludes. That one is supposed to ship only in 5-8 weeks though, but I'll take it when it gets to me.

Thanks for the input guys, as always FOFC is there when you need info.

FM