View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 PM   #159
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
FWIW - I was impressed that Duke didn't seem to "look past" or "underestimate" VCU like I get annoyed with teams like Duke usually doing..

I think they had a healthy respect for VCU - I just dont' think they had an answer for the pressure. My impression is that Duke must not play very deep as they were forced to have all of their starters in most of the game - and the kids just looked exhausted.

This was a typical VCU game and you're right, they made Duke play their style. I worry how they'll do against some other teams - I think they matched up against Duke pretty well. But this was a huge win for VCU and for the CAA.

Yeah, Duke has had an extremely short bench. Add in the fact that Coach K has been on cruise control for the last half-decade, and that this team was young (and I'll go ahead and say it, white... i.e. slow) you go up against a team thats much faster and a coach who cares with a good gameplan, it makes an upset.

As good as the pressure was, Duke had a good 4-5 unforced turnovers that were just lazy and didn't seem to be related to being tired. That's a sign of a poorly coached team.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote