View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #486
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Before Free Agency started, a few websites had Graham as one of the possible value picks of Free Agency. The idea, of course, being that he was a very good blocker and a decent receiver and some team might be able to pick him up on the cheap and end up making a smart play.

Of course, once everyone starts thinking of a guy as an underrated value pickup, then he, at some point, morphs into an overrated overpaid guy. I think that teams forget that part of what made him attractive in the first place was the idea that he would come cheap (either in terms of money or trade or draft picks or whatever).

Call it the Ben Wallace effect.

Oh, I get why they did it. Seattle was after him hard as well and if Denver wanted him, they had to give a big offer.

In the end, I do think they overpaid. I also think if you are going to overpay anyone other than a superstar, Graham is the type of guy you do it to. He's a hard worker with a good attitude.

If he were the lone pass catching TE, he'd probably average around 45 to 50 catches a year. He'll block and isn't going to throw a fit if he's not getting the ball thrown to him. I can also see the Broncos using some 2 TE sets with Walker and Marshall at the WR spots while Graham and Schefler man the TE spots.

I think that'd be a pretty dangerous formation. You'd have 4 big TE/WR. You could run with a lot of success out of that formation. You would also have the ability for any of the four pass catchers to stretch the defense. (both Schefler and Graham have the ability to go deep over the middle)

I can live with the few guys we've signed so far. It looks like Shanahan is giving Cutler some more options on offense. The way our offense looked last year, that can only be a good thing.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote