View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #432
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
Agree on all fronts about Welker. Harrington was throwing to him and he still led the team with 67 catches. Good YAC guy for the short ball. Certainly adds something to the return game. In this day of crazy FA money, that contract is not bad and it is long term. He's young, which is definitely important. I just see a lot of upside here. If you saw him play the Pats, he was monster on the underneath stuff. Considering Chad Jackson was a 2nd rounder last year, and looking each day as a bust, I think the Pats wanted a known quantity at that position.

Think Troy Brown in his prime. He's an explosive return guy, he becomes the most sure-handed receiver on the team - and the second best overall receiver on the team after Benjamin Watson.

A proven guy who will get you 50-60 catches out of the slot, adds to your special teams, for decent money, especially when your top prospect wideout is hurt again, well worth a 2nd rounder IMHO.

I also agree with VfP that his performance this year against the Pats also played into this decision. He killed us.

Cheers.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay

Last edited by beargrowlz : 03-06-2007 at 01:43 PM.
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote