View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #419
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Furrey will be expensive soon enough.

Furrey got paid. He got a new 3 year deal worth about $9 million with a $4 million signing bonus. Not sure if that is Wes Welker money, but it's not bad for a guy who was playing safety the year before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
On an unrelated note, Thomas Jones to the Jets appears to be done. As a Bears' fan (transplanted, yes), it's sad, sure, but the Bears are probably getting what they can out of him before he heads downhill. This is putting a lot on Benson, though, so I hope it works out.

As a Lions' fan I am happy with this development. Jones ran all over the Lions. While Benson may pan out and be even better than Jones, I've never been overly concerned with Benson. Hopefully this will work out poorly for the Bears.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote