View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #366
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
Hmm, I don't think Thomas comes in at 10 million a season. He signed for a little over 7 million a season. The salary gets larger with each season and the signing bonus will be spread out. I would expect this season's cap hit for him isn't more than 5 million. I think Morris will count 2 million this season. And my guess is Welker's contract only counts 2-3 million this year. That leaves them 7-8 million for draft picks (more than enough with their draft position). Plus, all it takes is one or two restructurings to get even more cap room (or cutting old vets when they sign the new FAs - like an Artrell Hawkins for example). There's also the possibility that the guy is a little off in the cap room calculation on that website. Its even conceivable that a long term deal reached with Samuel would free up 2-3 million this season instead of the 7.8 million franchise number.

So, while I think they are done with any big FA signings, I think they've got enough still to get a couple of more solid contributors if they feel like it during the second wave of FA. I would like to see a trade for Seahawks Darrell Jackson who still has 3 years left on his contract at good contract numbers.

I am sure they could only get Darrell Jackson if they are willing to give up their 2nd 1st round pick, though jackson isn't worht more than a 2nd if not a 3rd. I don't see the Pats doing that.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote