View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #346
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
OK, so the Bucs trade for Plummer and sign Garcia to a two year deal. Not sure that four questionable quarterbacks add up to one decent starter, but in their defense there is no other way they are going to get somebody better this year.

Any thoughts on who comes out of this mess as the starter? I'd say Garcia because Simms and Gradkowski don't really have the talent and Plummer doesn't really want to be there.

This is about as good as it gets for the Bucs this year, I agree with that much.

The bottom line is that Gruden knows if he doesn't turn this team around right now, he won't have his contract re-newed.

If he had plenty of time, I seriously doubt this happens. I think the odd man out will be Chris Simms (fingers crossed), unless Jake the Snake quits the team after Garcia beats him out.

Jeff Garcia should be the odds on favorite to start; Jake the Snake should back him up; and Gradkowski will stick around due to the cheap contract.

I think everybody in Tampa is pissed at Chris Simms for last years horrendous start. Spleen removal operation aside, the guy is just too fragile for NFL QB duties (despite his mental toughness).

All in all, I love the moves. But again, I agree that the impact may be minimal. What these quarterbacks buy the Bucs is a chance to take the focus off of Cadillac Williams. Hopefully, anyway.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote