View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #329
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://sports.myway.com/news/03032007/v2961.html

Mar 3, 3:52 PM (ET)

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -Linebacker Adalius Thomas, one of the most sought-after free agents, signed Saturday with the New England Patriots, giving the three-time Super Bowl winners a player in the mold of the departed Willie McGinest.

The 29-year-old Pro Bowler, one of the keys to the Baltimore defense last season, can play several positions, including outside linebacker and defensive end - as McGinest did until he left last season for Cleveland.

The Patriots also announced the signings of two other veterans: tight end Kyle Brady and running back Sammy Morris.

"Personally and professionally, we are very impressed with Adalius Thomas," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. "His playmaking, toughness, intelligence, versatility and character were all factors in our decision to pursue him. Adalius has contributed in many ways to some excellent defensive units and we look forward to getting to work with him."

Brady, 35, played four seasons with the New York Jets and eight with Jacksonville. He has played in 183 games and caught 334 passes for 3,449 yards and 23 touchdowns.

Morris is a seven-year veteran who has played for both Buffalo and Miami.