Thread: OOTP 2007
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 09:28 AM   #269
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Reading that preview makes me even more deadset against the recalc button. Simply ignoring someone's history is possible, I guess, if you're playing an unfamiliar era, but if I'm playing in the 80s or 90s, how would I not let what I know color my moves? He mentions how Bernie Carbo had a great 1970 then fell off the map, just like in real life. Well, let's say I see Joe Carboneau in the rookie draft - why would I take him, even if I'm trying to ignore the fact that after 1 good year, he's essentially programmed to disappear?

This looks awesome for replaying seasons, and perhaps even simulating a back-history for your league that is as close to realistic as possible (before you take over your own team in the present), but for playing a historical career, I just don't see the fun of it. You're going to "know" without even looking how certain players' careers develop, and you'll either consciously ignore it or take full advantage of it. Neither choice is palatable to me.

In other words...thankfully it's just an option!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-02-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote