View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #1185
adubroff
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I've been trying to come up with a decent move draft, using either the movies themselves or some sort character/moment theme like we did in the TV draft. It's tougher than you think, for a few of reasons:

- There are so many movies that are remade.
- There are so many movies that are part of a franchise or are sequels
- There are so many unique movies based on common stories or scenarios (meaning drafting characters is pretty much out)

I'm sure there's a way to do it and make it work, but it would be easy to screw up too.

I think the rule you used this time with once the singer is used up would be neat with regard to sequels/remakes....draft one version and you lock up the series.

One thing I thought might have worked well with music (and it might be worth a shot with Movies as well) is to draft the performer and then have access to his "work". So if I draft Eddie Murphy, I can use 48 Hours as my "comedy" and Dream Girls as my "musical".

Then you could have a second phase of draft, the lineup reveal. At this point, you have a second draft where the rule about using a movie twice comes into play. So if I want 48 hours as one my comedies, I have to make sure I name it before the Nick Nolte owner does. I think drafting a roster of performers only works if you have a very deep number of positions to fill, so maybe you have 5 comedies or something. It's possible the reveal phase could be conducted via priority list so the whole thing doesn't take too long.

Another possibility for the reveal phase would be to do something along the lines of an American Idol contest. For instance, if you have ten contestants, you come up with ten different "themes", but you don't tell anybody what order the themes will be played. Theme 1 gets randomly selected and everybody names their 3 best in the theme. Then the populus votes and whomever is the worst in a category is "voted off" that week, and you move on to the next theme. This would lead to a teams having to strive to pick balanced/versatile performers to meet all the themes adequately or suffer the consequences.

These may be too complex/time consuming, but I think they have some potential.
adubroff is offline   Reply With Quote