View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #1182
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I've been trying to come up with a decent move draft, using either the movies themselves or some sort character/moment theme like we did in the TV draft. It's tougher than you think, for a few of reasons ... I'm sure there's a way to do it and make it work, but it would be easy to screw up too.

Lemme just throw something to the wall here for a minute, see how much of it sticks.

Best war movie (with combat as central to the plot, not just "war era"),
Best date movie (that could appeal to both parties)
Best chick flick (generally women love it, men would rather be shot)
Best cop movie
Best slapstick/stupid comedy (covers both the Three Stooges & most of Will Ferrell's movies)
Best intelligent comedy
Best teen movie (with teens/young adults as central characters, not 'movie teens like the most')
Best Epic
Best Drama

Other possibilities:
Best franchise (would not eliminate individual installments from consideration for other slots), best sequel or prequel best remake (with obvious direct connection to original, not just same theme/plot), Best body of work by a director (would not eliminate directors individual films from play)

Also consider:
Best dialogue, Best special effects, Best Visuals (basically the movie could have sucked but it looked great doing so)

- There are so many movies that are remade.
- There are so many movies that are part of a franchise or are sequels
- There are so many unique movies based on common stories or scenarios (meaning drafting characters is pretty much out)