View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #246
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
dola-

Now it's time to try to work out something with Faneca and Polamalu. Even if they end up paying Polamalu every dollar that Ed Reed got, I can deal with it. He's just that important to the defense. Now Faneca, I would hope will take similar money to Smith, but I don't think he's as much of a given to resign for cheap. A lot will depend on what other interior linemen get this offseason, basically he's like 8 months older than hutchinson, and Hutch got that huge deal last offseason.

There is a weekly chat on the Post Gazette website--normally with the editor (Jerry Micco) but this week "guest hosted" by good old Bob Smizik. He fielded my question about those 3 gettings re-signed.

I questioned like you, does Smith's signing preclude them from signing Faneca. He feels all 3 (including Troy) will be given extensions. Take that for what it is worth.

My feeling is that doesn follow the "Steeler Way", but he disagreed saying they will not overpay to keep the guys, but will go after these 3 because they are important to the team.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote