View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #437
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Pickles is going to sing a new song on Thursday, and Carrie Underwood will sing on the March 8th show. And the new "BUH-bye" song is called Home and is from Daughtry's new album. AI is kicking up the self-promotion big-time. Speaking of which...

The folks at American Idol continue to expand the brand, and their influence to other ventures. Last week, came the announcement that Freemantle and 19 Entertainment would open an Idol Camp for teens and pre-teens.

According to the press release, Idol Camp will be “the first performing arts summer camp for kids between the ages of 12-15 based on the nation’s most watched television show and #1 talent search. Born out of the desire to foster passion and creativity in young teens, Idol Camp will be a fun-filled and non-competitive training ground for America’s future stars.”

Interestingly, the camp is not competitive:
“We want to honor a diverse cross-section of educational backgrounds and opportunities and provide a valuable experience to kids displaying a passionate motivation to learn and grow within themselves through the performing arts,” said Keith Hindle, Executive Vice President, FremantleMedia Licensing Worldwide, North America. “As in American Idol, the goal for our kids is to soar beyond their expectations; however, because Idol Camp is not a competition, every kid goes home a winner.”
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote