View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #370
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I think Melinda is by far the best singer, but as someone above said...and I hate to be mean but...she's weird looking, a little old (and acts older than she is), and very shy when she's not singing. A couple of off performances, and I could see her gone. But not until we're well into the competition, of course. She's got that ease of performance like Fantasia had (who will be on the show tonight, BTW), and although she doesn't have the "love it or hate it" voice Fantasia has, she's just a bit bizarre. Very short, huge face, no neck. She's right behind Leslie Hunt for strangest/ugliest girl in the competition.

That was me who said that - and I stand by it. We can all talk about how she looks shouldn't matter, that who cares if she's shy when she's not singing if she's outgoing when she's singing, etc... that's all fine and good - but that's not how America votes... I kind of view her like Mandisa to an extent... She will probably stay on as long as she continues nailing it, but as soon as she slips up and has a so-so performance it will be the "excuse" to get rid of her.... It's unfortunate, but let's face it - that's the way this show works...

Just like how there's a chance Antonella stays on despite her performance and how Ace Young overstayed his time last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote